Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Joy of driving.



When I was a kid riding was fun. We rush home from school to ride with some friends, and on Saturdays we hike the countryside (BMX era). The joy of riding remains. It’s like a therapy. Some people would eat or spent times with others or visit a shrink or read books, watch TV, etc but for me riding still tops everything.

I use to wonder why driving is such a passion. Maybe I enjoy the freedom, the adrenaline rush and the sense of control. Driving a motor bike for years though brings its demise in the form of a back pain for which I have to undergo physiotherapy.

I love motor sport. I follow formula 1 and Moto GP sessions for years. I am a big fan of Ferrari for their sheer passion. The precision perfect riding style of Michael Schumacher, Mika Hakinnen, Lewis Hamilton, Kimi Raikonen, Fernando Alonso in formula 1 and Valentino Rossi in Moto GP are a treat to the eyes. I wonder what would it feels like to taste the sheer power behind those wheels. The sound of the engine, the speed in which they are traveling, the G-Force, the curves and the terrain, all makes it a thrill sport.

Here in our hometown many youth enjoy this passion too. They race wherever and whenever possible. Unfortunately the roads and traffic conditions provide a little space and leads to fatality, but still they find way to show off their rides. I’ve been in such a race for a few times, lucky to escape without a scratch. The feeling of many cc of power behind the wheels and the adrenaline rush makes it addictive!. But as I grow old, I seem to drive slower and slower and I find out that speed is not the only way to enjoy driving. So, to all my friends out there who enjoy driving as much as I do, happy joy riding.

15 comments:

sawmpuia said...

i like riding my bike, when i finally got her i was thrilled..now its almost one year of companionship, still wanna ride and i do enjoy it....

Unknown said...

Hamilton hi ka sitar e boss, i car khalh cuan cu a nuam mahse a khalh ah ka cuang cak lolz

vana said...

@sawmpuia, hotupa bike khalh hi a nuam mah mah zawk. Aizawl ah phei chuan trafic jam nen, park na tur vang nen, bike a tih chi tawlh2 ang. U reminds me of da day wen i got my bike.
@cs_jill, i la chuang tlem em mai a nawmna pawh hre dawn a mi o :). Anyway thanks. I khalh ah ka la chuang ve lo :(. Hamilton chu a bialnu a chhelo hehe.

Calliopia said...

"Ooh I'm driving my life away, looking for a better way for me
Ooh I'm driving my life away, looking for a sunny day.."

Sounds like fun :)

vana said...

@j hehe hotunu chu a zei leh hle mai. You have your ways with words. COme join the joyride :)

Sekibuhchhuak said...

Driving lam hi chuan engpawh ka lung a len. Tunlai chu keipawh MTB ride lam hi ka tui khawp mai. BMX te i rawn sawi langa lung a ti leng hle mai.

burgerstud2005 said...

Driving hi ka expert teh chiam lo.Kan veng kawng pui hi chhuk vut anih avangin ka huai lem lo.Mahse kawng pangai ah hi chuan driving hi a nuam ka ti.

Thirsakwr hi khalh a nuam.College kal laiin thirsakawr lian chi leh sang deuh chi kha kan chuang thin a,halh a harsa thei hle.BMX chu tluk lo tak a ni.BALAJI tih hi a awm kuau thin.

Bike khalh hi ka chak khawp mai.Ka thiam thei lo re re nia maw le.

vana said...

@ sekibuhchhuak thanks for dropping in. MTB lam chu a nuam, nuam hi ka la ti reng mai. BMX hunlai kha aw, free turn, hma chawi, etc,etc. Nuam tak a ni.J-i chuan ti ve se a addict ang :)
@Bugerstud2005: Kan ram kawng hian a zir ngang lo a ni tiro. MI ram anga car tha pui pui leh chak tak tak nei mah ila a tlan na tur kawng om silo a.
Kan veng a pa 1 pawh scooter khalh a zir a, kan field ah kual zo lo. A thiam thei thlot lo a, a hralh leh top. A ti mi lo hi a awm ve theih a nia. Ka lo zirtir dawn che maw ni :)

Jerusha said...

My riding abilities have never extended beyond slow pedaling a bicycle. I make resolutions to learn how to drive all the time, but other resolutions always gain more importance. I guess I'm still content letting someone else do all the hard work :)

vana said...

@Jerusha, Hotute in lo leng lut a min ti phuisui sawt mai :). Midang kuta dah hi a tha mai. One day you should learn how to drive, though!

chong said...

hi!
driving is really fun n de-stressing.i tried learning it but i am too chicken hearted to succeed.i envy people who can drive especially the ladies.these days i am at my sister's in texas.the road is so good to drive.i wish i could drive.hope i will succeed one day.anyway happy driving.

Almostunreal said...

I've got to learn how to drive. My lesson on riding a bicycle was never complete after i fell off from it. thinking back, how would i be able to actually learn it when I could not even touch the pedal sitting on the seat..lol

vana said...

@Chong, helo nice to hear u reached safely. Hope you enjoy tour trip. About driving, yeah you should learn, who would drive me around wen i visit your place :)
@Almost unreal, thanks for visiting. Tum tlat chuan kawng a awm mai zel ani. A nih loh vek chuan a khalhtu lam an awm chuan a tha nimai :)

EPISTEMOLOGY said...

Driving is really not my cup of tea. Bus ah pawh a hnung lam ka chuh hram2 thin.:) Khawpui chhunga nula chhuahpui ka hreh ve thinna pakhat chu kawng cross hi zu ni mauh thin a. They scare me a lot. I don’t feel very safe while I’m crossing the traffic signal.

chong said...

i will surely give it a try.vana why is your photo upside down?ha ha